passed along/AT boundaries

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 21:08:49 PST

This question, posed locally, seems to me very challenging and I would be
interested in xmca help on the issue.
mike
-----

Hi everybody, I am struging with the following
question:
If an activity (system)is a context of action, how one
identifies its boundaries? Yrjo talks about "crossing
boundaries" in his paper about policontextuality,
referring to his examples (a worker moves to another
production unit). I am not sure, I understood this,
but I feel this is an important question for AT...
Maybe, the issue of boundaries is not relevant at all,
but then, how can we talk about 'crossing boundaries'
Please talk back, I am desparate for other voices..
Sonja