RE: other voices

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@UDel.Edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 17:55:05 PST

Thanks, Mike, for the interesting suggestion. Maybe it is a good idea to
think whom we can invite.

I also have a nostalgia for one of our first business meetings (in San
Francisco, I guess) when we had a debate on sociocultural/CHAT views on
education and its problems.

Also, I was thinking that it will be nice to invite our allies like social
constructionists, Deweyians, feminists, and so on and have discussion
exploring similarities and differences among this family of approaches...

Another topic that is dear to me is US academia for women, people of color,
immigrants, and foreigners (the groups are not mutually exclusive of course
:-). It is not a top military secret that US academia has been historically
designed to fit white middle- and upper-class males. Also, US economic and
political domination in the world makes US academia almost the academia. It
is interesting to explore how "others" feel, think, and live in that regime,
what problems "they" have and that "our" place in addressing the problems.

Any other ideas? What do you think?

Eugene