RE: piaget?

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@UDel.Edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 17:26:32 PST

Hi Bill--

In addition to what people already suggested, I recommend you to check the
following authors who may challenge Piaget in their experiments: Ballargeon,
Hofsten, and Leslie (check Cole and Cole's textbook is always useful -- you
may find more names there!)

>i.e. the age of the child that infers that the
> ball entering the tunnel is the same as the one that left it?
> Was it piaget or a follower?

I think it might be Michotte but I'm not sure. Before leaving the USSR, I
replicted these experiments using computer simulations but I can't find the
paper that I wrote (obviously it is not in my computer :-(

Flavell probably has useful references as well...

Sorry, I can't help you more.

Take care,

Eugene
---------------