Various

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 11:02:57 PST

Dear Colleagues,

Seems like a wild few days on xmca.

1. On an old matter. following suggestions from many of you, I have contacted
Erlbaum and they will be making one article per month available, free, for
discussion. We have not entirely set up procedures yet, but one of the
editors has suggested that Chuck Goodwin's piece, Practices of Color
Classification, from Vol 7, No., 1/2, 2000, pp. 19-37 would serve as a good
discussion piece, so I will recommend that to Erlbaum. As soon as I get
word that it is there, I will you (not sure which you that is in Quechua!)
know.

2. It appears that only Paul D has read both Ingold papers. I have
only read the "3 in 1" paper. And little comment. I thought from
earlier discussions that the work would prove more provocative
 of good discussion. Seems I was wrong, but Jerry Balzano's point
about missing figures might be relevant to that.

3. April is upon us and with it, I assume we will be taking up
Yrjo's *Learning by Expanding* in some form. I am not sure how
people want to handle coordination or reading.

Yrjo-- Do you have a preference for the pace/coordination of the
reading/discussion? If not, perhaps we will revert to having
one person play coordinator per chapter and see how that goes.

more to come, if the past is any indication.
mike