Re: Public education

From: Vadeboncoeur (vadebonc@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 23:33:52 PST

Hi Gary -

Thanks for your message. Some of us are still here, watching for the
buses. Sometimes they come infrequently.

The Bakhtin discussion, I thought, was terrific. Another common reading
will do us good in April.

Until then ... I share your sentiment, and think you're thoughtful, not
just cranky.

Jennifer

At 02:24 PM 3/27/01, you wrote:
>xmca in my estimation is not a place where we have fun with intellectual
>debate. it is a place where we try to get somewhere. going over tired
>old arguments because someone wants to play is just tiresome. maybe its
>my fault because i'm turning into an old crack, but i dont want to do this
>yet one more time with yet one more duellist.
>
>i get the sinking feeling that the real talk has migrated elsewhere. did
>i miss the bus again?
>
>grumpy old gary shank
>shank@duq.edu

Jennifer A. Vadeboncoeur, PhD.