Re: computer literacy

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 19:18:44 PST

mike,

I just got back from chaperoning my son's high school jazz ensemble to Sta
Cruz. What wonderful energy to be around, hundreds of really talented kids
who play jazz, arguably the most difficult musical form. There must be
something out there about musical literacy because there are so many great
music programs in the high schools. Even small ones . . . from unlikely
places: Sacramento, Modesto, Eureka. I want to take a little more time to
respond to this since I also went through a lot of literature when helping a
local arts organization prepare grants of Dept of Ed and TIAPP/TOP that
concerned the relationship between art and other educational skills.

But that isn't why I'm responding, you asked:

> PS-- Apropos of moon landings. Are unicorn's real?

And I just wanted to assure that they are.

Paul H. Dillon