civility and "unification"

From: Vadeboncoeur (vadebonc@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 09:52:11 PST

To the Family Man -

XMCA folk have worked quite hard to establish respectful ways of agreeing
and disagreeing and sharing ideas. We challenge and support each other,
recognizing that challenging ideas is our goal, not people.

If your goal is "unification," I welcome you. You may want to take more
time or write more thoughtfully to your future colleagues on this list -
several of your earlier messages belie a more inflammatory agenda. As in
the one below:

Elizabeth,

Feeling proud of yourself that you shattered someones dream?

Eric

I second Mike's interest in reading your introduction to the list.

Thanks - Jennifer

At 01:28 AM 3/25/01, you wrote:
>Mike,
>
>No I am not formerly registered in the discussion group. I will take your
>advice and do that. I would just like to reiterate that my intentions are
>not to complain but to unify the psychological field.
>
>Take care,
>Eric

Jennifer A. Vadeboncoeur, PhD.
Visiting Scholar