Re: Moonstruck: fantasy or fact

From: Elizabeth A Wardle (ewardle@iastate.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 08:28:38 PST

At 11:47 PM 3/22/01 -0500, you wrote:

Elizabeth,

Feeling proud of yourself that you shattered someones dream?

Eric

Not proud at all.

A) _I_ didn't shatter his dreams--I never said word one about the moon landing (as I had no opinion on the matter). The other students/his research convinced him.
B) He is still (a year later) troubled to the point of needing medical help.

Thus my question: What do we give up when we agree to question things like the moon landing that are so fundamentally a part of being "American"? In some cases, are we giving up more than we are getting in return?

Elizabeth