Re(3): Internalized Oppresssion

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 23:48:33 PST

just a quick follow-up ...

any institution engages a certain amount of internalized oppression
through its discourse -
we are not innocent:
what do we do to perpetuate the problem?

diane,
p.s. contrary to my bogus affiliations, i work for no one bur myself,
and partner with whom i choose + no money, but hey, it's __all_
ridiculous really - i mean, the last thing any committed institutional
servant can do is take herself seriously. eh?

Diane Hodges writes:
>this "term" encapsulates so much...
>with theory alongside,
>could we not elaborate our own lives, works, and passions?
>
>who is innocent of internalized oppression?

> i'm on the outside,
>i'm looking in, and i can see through you,
>see your true
colour
>,
'cause
> inside you're ugly,
>you're ugly like me, i can see through you,
>see you the real you...
>(Aaron Lewis)

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu