Re: Bourdieu quote help please

From: Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 05:48:57 PST

My copy reads (actually spanning pp. 82-3: . . . understood as a system of
lasting, transposable dispositions which, integrating past experiences,
functions at every moment. . . .

I see this as grammatically OK since it' "system of . . . dispositions
which . . . functions" so it's systems, not dispositions, that are
functioning. p

At 04:15 PM 2/24/01 -0800, you wrote:

>I do not have quick access to *Outline of a theory of practice*. I
>have urgent need of a check on a quote. If anyone out there has it,
>could you please check p. 82 of 1977 edition in English of sentence
>which he defines habitus. I have it as a "lastin, transposable
>dispositionS which, integrating past experience functionS at every
>moment....."
>
>One of those S's has to be wrong. Is it disposition, not dispositions,
>or.....?
>
>Thanks for the weekend help
>mike

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who
cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide
everything." Josef Stalin