spiders

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:19:22 PST

Bill--

the movement of live people between systems is really important. Our
Scandanavian colleagues who engage in seeking to create inter-institutional
collaborations to solve joint problems budget for a person that Americans
might call a "go between" but which they refer to as a "spider." We have
adopted/(and almost certainly modified!) this practice in our planning
and implementations of collaborative research where, as in your case,
or those of the three student teachers, there is a real issue of personal
contact over distance.

We also find that when our students carpool, they get a lot of knot-working
done waiting in traffic.
mike