Re: Different motives

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 22:50:41 PST

Bill,

All of the quotes came from Lukacs' "The Ontology of Social Being", ch2 2 -
Marx. published by Merlin Press, London.as a separate volume.It is part of
a larger work that Lukacs apparently completed in the 60s but never had
published during his lifetime. I believe the full german original was
published posthumously but am not sure about this-- whether all of the
chapters were in fact published.

To the best of my knowledge only three chapters of "The Ontology" have been
translated and published in EnglishThe three available chapters of "The
Ontology" that have been translated into English 1. Hegel, 2. Marx (both
part of section one of the book) and 8. Labour (the first chapter of the
second part of the book). These volumes surface on the Barnes and Noble
"Used/Rare Book" section periodically. .

Check it out . . . I think you'll be glad you did.

Paul H. Dillon