Re: Michael's paper

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 07:36:27 PST

Phillip, Michael,

I also downloaded Michael's papers. One of the projects I'm working on has
a major "action research" component involving about 100 English and Math
instructors at 2 LA area community colleges. Genevieve Patthey-Chavez is in
charge of that component and I have forwarded her the references. Although
she is not a member of xmca at this time, I hope to be able to involve her
if any discussion does start up around Michael's work.

What I am anxious to get to (still haven't had the time) concerns how the
activity theory modeling (Engestrom diagrams) are integrated into the
process of cogenerative dialogue. That, to me, is the key issue: where the
theory folds back into the practice and is assimilated as a tool within the
activity system itself.

Paul H. Dillon