bumping unities

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 08:32:53 PST

Andy/Helena/Judy/Bill et al-- The interacting activity systems discussion
is very helpful to me because I am spending most of my work time seeking
to understand interactions between universities and afterschool youth
organizations. I see plenty of "bumping into" but also networks of complex
relations that change dynamically over time and for which live human beings
moving between systems are key bearers of actual relations.

And you are right bill. we not only put out half baked ideas here, but
half baked words/metaphors as we slide this interaction into our more
demanding face to face daily rounds. All the more reason to listen
sympathetically.
mike