dramatism/chat

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 17:45:28 PST

Ricardo-- I am re-posting a note that Yrjo posted about xmca about his
article concerning Stanislavsky. I might note that this article was first
prepared as part of a symposium we held, together with American and
Japanese colleagues, on the role of different art forms in theorizing
human nature.

If Yrjo's book is not available, the article is at lchc.ucsd.edu in the
archive section, i believe.
mike
-----
Judith, just a quick note on Stanislavsky. The Meyerhold anecdote implies
one side of Stansilavsky's work and thought - the side most widely adopted
in the US. The other side is that Stanislavsky built his theory on the
foundation of external physical actions (exactly what Meyerhold suggest in
the anecdote). I've written a bit about this in a paper titled 'Theater as a
model system for learning to create', it appeared in 1988 in the Quarterly
Newsletter of the LCHC (Vol. 10, p. 54-67), also as chapter 11 in my book
'Learning, Working and Imagining' (1990).