Re: Fw: Carl's paper

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 18:57:01 PST

Nate,

you wrote:

> what is it about how our institutions are organized,
> schools are run, families are supported, consumption broadcasted etc that
> forms certain psychological dispositions in American children that are
> absent in other children.

Isn't this type of question the only meaningful frame for any psychology
that would claim some relation to culture?

And isn't the further implication that the practitioners who treat
"individuals" perhaps attempting to treat a symptom when the cause is
institutional/cultural to begin with?

Paul H. Dillon