Re: Re(2): Re(2): A sign forms a structural centre which determinesthe whole

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 07:26:35 PST

While pondering the abstract level at which money is being discussed, last
night I saw an interesting exchange in an old Wim Wender's film. Dennis
Hopper's character is talking to a man who makes picture frames for a
living. He compliments the man's "craft" and laments not having the ability
to make things with his hands. The man asks the Hopper character what he
does to which he receives the reply "Oh I just make money" said such a way
that the viewer understands it to mean, "i don't make anything real."

Paul H. Dillon