Re: Re(2): MCA Fall 1995

From: Andy Blunden (andy@mira.net)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 01:09:10 PST

diane, what you say is of course the answer of our times to what I have
said, but how can a world which in which all 6,000,0000,000 of its citizens
participate in the same global workshop and measure their value against the
same US$, be genuinely plural?

True our theories are very plural, but our activity is more unitary than
ever before imaginable.

Andy

At 06:56 AM 19/12/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Andy asks
>>Judy, I counted to ten and no-one spoke so ... I agree with your
>>assessment
>>of the possible ways forward, with this big qualification:
>>
>>Is it possible to live in this global world without *sharing an ideal*?
>
>is it possible the the global world is plural, thus comprised of many
>ideals that aren't
>of equal value but are of relative value to the global diversities who
>produce such ideals?
>diane

> :point where everything listens.
>and i slow down, learning how to
>enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.
>
>(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")
>
>diane celia hodges
>
> university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
>instruction
> university of colorado, denver, school of education
>
>Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu

| - Andy Blunden - Home Page - http://home.mira.net/~andy/index.htm - |
| "It has been said that the very essence of civilisation consists of |
| purposely building monuments so as not to forget". L S Vygotsky 1930 |
~ Spirit, Money & Modernity, Melbourne Uni Summer School 23/24 Feb '01 ~