Re: silence

From: Helena Worthen (hworthen@igc.org)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 07:56:48 PST

I too feel that the material from the last few months' readings, and the
comments from new participants (or rarely-heard from) have laid out a banquet
for us that we can keep choosing from and benefiting from for a long time
ahead. The stuff is still there -- I think that what we have to assert is that
the INTEREST is still there, too. For myself, I think that my understanding of
Vygotsky, the intellectual climate of the Soviet Union in the 1960s and 1970s,
and the connections between Marx and an as yet unformed (in my mind, at any
rate) theory of personality are changed forever, not by any means yet complete,
but never going to go back to what they were before. Like a complex image that
takes a while to download and develops clarity and detail by quantum jumps --
not finished yet, but definitely on the way.

Helena