FW: UW Madison Faculty Search

From: mary bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 12:17:37 PST

----------
From: "Don Fraynd" <djfraynd@students.wisc.edu>
To: <brys@unixg.ubc.ca>
Subject: UW Madison Faculty Search
Date: Tue, Nov 7, 2000, 11:22 AM

At UW Madison, we are particularly interested in minority applicants and
those with a focus on issues of diversity. Can you please place the
following information about our searches in your newsletter and/or website
as well as any other form of communication used by your SIG? Thanks.

We are advertising three searches for four positions which are currently
underway at the University of Wisconsin-Madison:

- 2 Assitant Professor (tenure-track) positions in PreK-12 Leadership
(deadline = apps received by January 12, 2001):

The Department of Educational Administration at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison seeks two candidates with expertise in the administrative
practices of leaders in preK-12 institutions at the school and district
levels, especially in settings serving a diverse population. The successful
candidates will teach, conduct research and publish, advise students, and
participate in professional service focused on preK-12 administration and
leadership.

The department website has details including contact information:
http://www.education.wisc.edu/edadmin/

- 1 Assistant Professor (tenure-track) of Higher and Postsecondary
Educational Administration (deadline = apps received by January 12, 2001):

We are seeking candidates with expertise in student affairs administration
and leadership in a variety of postsecondary institutional settings,
including two- and four-year institutions, historically Black colleges and
universities, or institutions with a commitment to learning at a distance.
The successful candidate will join a faculty committed to integrating and
aligning leadership in student affairs and academic programs to maximize
student learning and educational opportunity. Further, successful candidates
will demonstrate a capacity for advancing the department's strategic
directions enhancing and learning from diversity, expanding inquiry-focused
professional development, and integrating research and teaching.

The department website has details including contact information:
http://www.education.wisc.edu/edadmin/

- 1 Professor/Associate Professor of Higher and Postsecondary Education or
Educational Policy Studies (deadline = apps received by February 2, 2001):

In January 2001 the University of Wisconsin-Madison will open a new,
interdisciplinary center focused on advancing research on
postsecondary/higher education. The Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of
Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE) will develop new knowledge as well as
disseminate promising policy and practice relevant to the changing
global/national landscape in higher education through combining research
with perspectives of academic leaders. We seek a prominent scholar in higher
and postsecondary education or educational policy studies who will serve as
a key intellectual catalyst for the Center=s research program in working
with other scholars at UW-Madison and elsewhere to shape a cutting-edge
research agenda.