both ways

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 07:38:21 PDT

Paul-- I am WAY out of the loop owing to a sunami of local institutional
obligations, but tripped over your query to Dot.

I do not agree with Dot regard "the core" of LSV's thinking. But I also
don't think that a pure internalization view of LSV will work either.

Take for example the epigram and following text from ch 7 (?) of
Thought and Language/Thinking and Speaking: " I forgot the word
I wanted to say, and thought, unembodied, returned to the hall of
shadows" -- the thought is completed in the word.

mike