[Fwd: let the women talk]

From: Ken Goodman (kgoodman@u.arizona.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 10:55:16 PDT

We know that two peoples CAN live in this land. WE know that our
children
deserve a life of dignity and peace. We don't want our children to be
killed, we do not want them to be killers. Stop this craziness. Stop
this
show of brute force.

Let the Women talk

Help us by calling, shouting, demonstrating, writing e-mail letters,
telegrams, demanding That Palestinians and Israeli women lead the way.
It was women who led the way to end the terrible and pointless war in
Lebanon We the women can find an end to this terrible cycle of violence
too.

Let the women talk.

The men tell us not to be scared. They all tell us to be strong. We are
scared, we want them to be scared too. We do not want to be strong. We
don't want them to think that they are strong enough to make the other

people disappear, or be defeated and live in disgrace. We want each and

every person to have rights, to have the right to be heard, to choose
how
to live in peace, and dignity. We want to share the resources of this
land, its water, its vines, its holly places. Jerusalem can be shared,
this whole area can be shared between two independent proud, equal
peoples. Israel should not rule the lives of Palestinians. Israel
should
not believe that in might, and force, and bombs and guns, it will bring

peace.

Palestinian and Israeli women have been talking for years about their
future here. Thousands of women from around the world have been
supporting this vision of making peace.

Let the women talk. Let the women try to make sense where men did not.

Call on your government, your friends, your leaders, yourself to stop
the
violence immediately, and reorganize all negotiating teams so that at
least 50% of them are women.
at the leadership level of the UN,
all the governments involved in the escalation,
the Palestinian and Israeli leadership.

The women will talk- not shoot.

There are too many men with too many egos involved in burning this piece

of land- demand that all parties include at least as many women as men.

Let the women talk- we can bring peace.
Let the international community form a group of women from all around
the world to become the women peace Corp international meditating body
of women friends who will listen, facilitate, help us save ourselves.

Let the women talk.

Move the men aside. They did a bad job here. They talk of power, force,

and security- w know that our security is to be good neighbors. Without
forgetting the wrongs of the past, nor the unequal distribution of
power,
we will focus on how we LIVE here in peace. We do not want to raise our
children to war. We do not want them to wear uniforms. We don't want
them
to fight. We want them to have their state, their dignity, their
rights,
not to fight for them.

Let the women talk.

We feel the pain, we feel the anger. We are scared.
Before it is too late- let the women talk.
Haggith Gor Ziv
Kibbutzim College of Education
149 namir rd.
Tel Aviv 62507