Re: On Leontiev

From: Andy Blunden (a.blunden@pb.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 21:19:03 PDT

[Elhammoumi]: "social relations of productive activity must be regarded as
a kind of map or anchor which help us to picture, visualize and concretize
the cognitive structures of human higher mental functions, consciousness,
personality and human activity".

[Andy]: ... and labour and social-relation are themselves a unity, a "unit
of analysis" I think, to use a term popular on this list.

Also, images that help us visualise things are always useful, but for me,
the social relations of production are themselves mobile, crisis-ridden
things forming the vital energy which finds expression in human
personality, rather than an anchor or a map. It is the crisis-ridden and
creative nature of those social relations that make teh human mind able to
be such a complex and dynamic thing itself.

Andy
* Andy Blunden, Teaching Space Consultant,
* and Manager of Videoconferencing Operations
* http://home.mira.net/~andy/
* University of Melbourne 9344 0312 (W) 9380 9435 (H)