possible work

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 17:13:24 PDT

I am happy to announce that the Department of Psychology at the
University of Saskatchewan has approved the formation of a graduate
training program in Culture and Human Development. We are currently
advertising for three vacancies to fill new positions designed
specifically to help form and implement this program (I am attaching the
ad for these positions to this email). This is an exciting opportunity
for your soon-to-graduate Ph.D students or post-docs to get in on the
ground floor of this initiative.

The goal of the program will be to provide interdisciplinary training
for a new generation of developmentalists who have expertise in the area
of cultural processes. Potential hires may be from developmental
psychology or a related discipline who have clearly demonstrated
potential for developing a strong program of research in the area of
culture and human development.

The Psychology Department is currently being renewed with numerous new
hires in the past five years. We currently have active, productive
researchers in the areas of clinical psychology, applied social
psychology, cognitive/neuroscience, and developmental psychology. In
addition to the resources available to incoming faculty within the
department, the potential for interdisciplinary research at the
University of Saskatchewan is enhanced by faculty from related
departments and research units. For more information about the
University of Saskatchewan and about the Psychology Department please visit
our website at www.usask.ca/psychology.
I hope that you will alert potential candidates to this opportunity.
Please forward any questions or inquiries to me directly either at this
email address or at the Psychology Department, University of
Saskatchewan, 9 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Sk. S7N 5A5. My phone number is
(306) 966-5598; fax (306) 966-6630. I would be happy to answer any
questions you may have.
Regards,
Lorrie K. Sippola