CH SIG business meeting

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@UDel.Edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 17:52:53 PDT

Hi folks--

There is only one proposal for the sig Settle business meeting on the web
(see it at
http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/Business%20event,%20prop.htm). King and
I wonder what does it mean:

1) Do you want us to give you more time to come with more proposals (you can
have an automatically extension of the deadline to October 8 but not
longer!), or
2) Do you want two of us to develop a business meeting and you will go along
with whatever we will come?

Please let us know,

King and Eugene

PS I (Eugene) want to abuse my position as a business officer and share with
you three cool websites that we developed at University of Delaware and one
outside that maybe interesting for preservice teachers:

1) http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/jano It is by and about a genius Slovak art
teacher Jan Sajko who works with Roma kids living in ghetto: his pedagogy,
his art, politics, and so on.

2) http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/oath It is about our attempt to develop
Teacher's Oath...

3) http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/teaching.resources The website developed by
my students, preservice teachers that they think may be interesting for
other students.

4) http://www.mirrorproject.org/ Another genius educator Roberto Arévalo
from Columbia who works with kids and adults from really depressed
neighborhoods to develop videos and poetry together and teaches them to make
video documentaries about themselves.

Feel free to use these websites in your classes. Let me know what you think
about these websites and share whatever cool websites you know or made that
can be useful for preservice teachers.