Re: Leontiev Discussion

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 05:30:59 PDT

Geoff,

I think your feeling of being unable to participate "even marginally" can be
a resource for discussion if you can articulate that "horizon" in some way.
Perhaps the background you feel you lack is really a ground that needs to be
brought forward in the discussion, a process which could only be a benefit
to everyone insofar as it brings the taken-for-granted into focus. But that
process can be more difficult than critiquing something from an alternative
perspective. I think that this process is essentially what is meant by
"ascent from the abstract to the concrete".

Paul H. Dillon