Re: ideal-golden key

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 10:28:27 PDT

Nate,

I found the piece you posted quite delightful. You didn't comment so I can
only guess at the way in which you might be seeing it as an example of how
"the ideal would fit into an early childhood setting" but I do see that the
orientation of immediate educational practice to the union of sensuously
given and historical-ideal forms of temporality structure a chain of ZPDs .
Is this the direction you were thinking? Can you expand on your own
inspiration/understanding?

One could well imagine that such a structure would provide for a very wide
utilization of the different domains of human practice ranging from
measuring where the sun is on the horizon to poetry and dance.

Paul H. Dillon