RE: don't debiologize it

From: Nate Schmolze (nate_schmolze@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 09:05:10 PDT

And.............that would be?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barowy [mailto:wbarowy@lesley.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 9:39 AM
To: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: RE: don't debiologize it

At 8:37 AM -0500 9/1/00, Nate Schmolze wrote:
>from one level to another (inappropriately). We get the wonderful ideas
>that how we vote is somehow determined by our genes. I guess one question I
>would have is how Sem-Eco handles the level question?

There are neither needs for levels, nor units, if one works with a web.
What one does need are ways to comprehend the comprehensiveness. Ways to
isolate, without reducing.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley University (Effective September 5, 2000)
29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
 and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]