Re(3): Whoa.

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 15:44:18 PDT

bill writes
>I'd like to meet you sometime for a meal, coffee, whatever, and chat.
>If at aera in seattle, then perhaps other likeminded folks can join us.
> The directions you are pursuing with creativity are highly interesting,
>as are your postings, and, of course, I'd to see for myself what you
>actually do wear on your feet. ;-)

hey babes - blue suede shoes!! ha ha -

i have really appreciated the voices coming up here on this, what can we
call it, a "soap opera?" why sure. why not? i'm clean. are you clean? okay
then. let's just keep it clean,
but let's not let it go, that is, let's not let orthodoxy drop the hammer
on the heads
not on the plank.
cheers dear,
diane
p.s. i won't be at aera this year, or any year soon - i've been moved into
lesbian-theory online,
that is, i am the editor and kinda creator of a new online journal,
so i am finally free of education (at last!) and into what i love, which
is intellectualism and the arts, multimedia, a Techne company staffed with
queers and fags and others, all very brainy and artsy and funny, very
UN-institutional, and so really quite a dream team for the unconventional
scholars such as meself.

so what IS orthodoxy? how does it work? what does it do to a body and the
embodied mind?
what does it do to the inner ear and the conscience?
why are manifestations of orthodoxy always seemingly vitriolic?

diane. again, hey, someone, shut me up !!
                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu