RE: -(either/or)

From: KELLY, ELIZABETH (EKELLY@gc.cuny.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 10:06:55 PDT

Mike,

RE: "people's interest in pursuing this line...(Dev.Psych & Education
either-or-ness)" not as a an alternative to interdisciplinary enterprises
BUT

as they relate to people's experiences with interdisciplinary enterprises.

I'd like to hear more discussion and/or take a gander at the web page with
LCHC materials you mentioned.

 By the way, I have not experienced biological reductionist tendencies in
this department (Developmental Psych) and now find myself seeking contexts
in which I can apply my devpsych info and testing the waters of education's
(well, at least education-in-practice here in NYC) inclinations and
dis-inclinations to emphasize anything "innovative" regardless of
"effectiveness" while actually just moving a lot of furniture around.

I just put in an order for Diane Ravitch's new history of the disaster of
education reform in this century. Now if I can just find time to read it...
then I'll remember to offer to help organize a summary effort like the one
you suggest(if anyone is interested.)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Kelly
Developmental Psychology
The Graduate Center, City University of New York
365 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10016
ekelly@gc.cuny.edu
(212) 971-1998