Re: amnesia and sexuality

From: sazonova (sazon@kursknet.ru)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 23:56:56 PDT

Hi, Diana,

You posed a very interesting question. I take it as another aspect of
"mind-body" problem. Accoding to Freud memories about sexual experience are
never lost even in cases of complete amnesia. But I don't belong to Freud's
club, and all my research experience promts me that we can make an
assumption that amnesia can influence sexual memories, such as paticular
events, feelings and emotions, and personal awareness about his/her own
self. I can develop the idea but i don't want to interrupt the current most
interesting discussion on the list. I can only add that A.Damasio's books
"Decart's Error" and "The Filling of What Happens" may give you many
interesting (scientificully based) ideas for your novel.
I believe it will be a great success.

Tatiana.