Query: Distance education and AT articles

From: David R. Russell (drrussel@iastate.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 14:27:02 PDT

I'm looking for articles that apply AT (and closely related
approaches) to issues of distance education. The fit seems so good,
I know there must be some research there, perhaps even empirical
studies.

I know there is work in HCI (e.g., Nardi, Bodker) and in
computer-supported cooperative work (Kutti, etc.) (tho I don't know
it well at all). But do any of you kind folk know of studies that
specifically address computer-mediated courses in formal education or
corporate training, what is called (and so frequently these days)
distance ed?

David

David R. Russell
Professor