dialectics

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 09:30:26 PDT

Thanks for your post responding to the self-transforming/self-transcending
ideas that Paul posted, Phillip. I am poorly versed in eastern
philosophy that I was simply walking around thinking about the ideas,
wondering when and where (always?) its an either-or-contrast. I
too like Valsiner's writings relevant to this topic. I keep thinking
about the implications of various choices for how one acts-now-in-the-
world.

And thanks Paul for getting me to re-cognize the concept of appropriation.
mike