RE: reason was the subject?

From: Nate Schmolze (nate_schmolze@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 05:20:30 PDT

Mike, Paul

Rubenshtein might be a good comparable - reading side by side with
Leont'ev's intro and Marxism chapter. Leont'ev seems to situate the book as
extending the Marxist approaches of both Vygotsky and Rubenshtein. If we
wanted to incorporate some Rubenshtein the beginning chapters seems the
place it would fit in best.

An issue being is how would one get the translated Rubenshtein in an
accessible format for a collective reading. My preference would be reading
the writings of Rubenshtein himself rather than someone writing about him.
If we can get translated writings, how can we get those into a pdf or html
format so they could be acessible to XCMA.

Another way both Vygotsky and Rubenshtein have been countered to Leont'ev is
along the domains of creativity and the role of the individual in the
process. In this sense, Leontiev discussion of sense and personality might
also be a good place to incorporate Rubenshtein is we chose to do so.

Nate