Re: Fwd: simon&schuster- new game

From: mary bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 07:59:21 PDT

thanks for alerting us to this Peter
I sent Simon and Schuster a *real* zinger of a message about the game.

*gladly joins Peter in the crusade

Mary

--
Dr. Mary Bryson, Associate Professor, Education, UBC
GenTech Project  http://www.shecan.com

The coherent self {...} is a project to be achieved rather than a given to be presupposed. ... In what only seems a paradox, we find our selves by looking into the world. Philip Lewin (1997)

---------- From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago@peachnet.campuscwix.net> To: (Recipient list suppressed) Subject: Fwd: simon&schuster- new game Date: Mon, May 8, 2000, 2:29 AM

For what it's worth, I'm boycotting Simon and Schuster--hope you'll join me.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/excerpt.cfm?isbn=0743502930

I thought this might be a hoax when I heard about it - the game gives points for how many clothes you can get off the woman. Geez, violence against women... Dads and Daughters (http://dadsanddaughters.org/)is organizing a boycott.