Re: one of the other horsemen

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 06:59:05 PDT

Mike,

Your forwarded post really leaves me wondering how Ward can live with
himself--

Lately I've been thinking about the relationship between "habit" and
"identity" -- thinking of "habit" in the sense of Leontiev's operations and
extrapolating that to the range of predispositions a la Bourdieu. How thin
one's identity must get when it's severed from the historical foundations of
its formation even including dialectical processes of transformation. It's
kind of bizarre to think of Ward singing "I ain't got no home in this world
anymore" when in fact it's more appropriate for him than anyone else I've
read about recently.

Paul