RE: Anyone object?

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 19:18:11 PDT

>Ah, with that formulation there is perhaps less difference between your
>view and mine on the performer-performance relation, Judy. I would even
>dare the assumption that the "project of the self" is "bigger" than ANY set
>of performances -- life size or larger.
>
>On the other hand the very largesse of it makes it very useful to have
>something like a working hypothesis of my self as well as of the selves of
>others.
>
>What do you think?

Eva, I think we (species? we w/ our Aristotelian legacy?) are disposed to
over-determine what's 'out there' - others, & maybe ourselves too. It's good
practice, I think, suspending hypotheses about selves; hypothesizing instead
about moments, perhaps - or actions likely in particular activities.

What do you think, m'dear?

Judy

Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183