Re: reflexivity

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 07:24:00 PST

Judy, Eva,

Bateson's "theory of types" theory of communication ("a logical theory of
communication and learning"provides a powerful framework for analyzing the
kinds of contradictions and misunderstandings that people can get into as a
result of misinterpreting the significance of messages/cues at different
levels. I especially think of the work RD Laing developed in this direction
and also this as the origin of schizophrenia in Bateson's own work.

Can you see that being applied to some of the difficulties we've experienced
here?

Paul H. Dillon