what's foucaultian

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 10:39:40 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Phillip,
>
>Thanks for the information. I'm not quite sure how such activities as you
>describe derive from a Foucaultian direction (ie, beyond the people who
>are
>involved) but I'll look for their material.

        Foucault's position was that an intellectual was to put information out
into the public realm, and then it was up to the public, community,
locals, folks, to decide what to do with the information. it's actually
a very batesonian approach, that the system can't be controlled, that it's
a difference that makes a difference that brings about change -
difference being information. at least, in my own limited way this is how
i understand the position.

phillip