RE: a belated answer

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@ped.gu.se)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 07:13:10 PST

At 06.44 -0600 0-03-09, Nate scrobe:
>But what about that graph on the life of threads. Are you going to
>need to re-do it now. That's like a response ten years after the fact.

Nöööh... response-ten-years-after only happens once in 20 000 postings or
so... there's always a tail to them curves, and a tale to the tail :-)

And... I would not turn time backwards just to make the coding easier,
either. Actually, I produced, more or less intentionally, a neckbreaker of
a coding-item back in the September discussion on silences (in the context
of my paper) by responding to something like fourteen different postings in
one message. Would REALLY mess it up if someone would make a "link map" of
that discussion. message-children are allowed to have more than two parent
messages -- because that's what people do when they refer to preceding
posts (zero to infinity, in principle, tho the average is probably pretty
low).

As for the Kuusisto quote, yes I really liked his description of his joint
activity with the dog. And that comment about "I thought the dogs read the
streetlights" is well worth thinking about. It is all too easy to think
carelessly about disabled people.

Eva