Re: Tutchev in English

From: Rachel Heckert (heckertkrs@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 09:49:58 PST

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 07:24:59 +0300 "sazonova" <sazon@kursknet.ru> writes:

> Peter Smagorinsky writes - "there is no word for soul in information
processing".

> But there should be, because there is much evidence that feelings/
emotions / emotional states play an important part in human information
processing and this is also the reason whu IA models sonetimes fail to
explain psychological data.

> Tatiana.

This is exactly why I like Damasio - he includes the whole person, not
just a "computational algorithm." But then it seems to me that it's part
of the "American" sense of self to try to exclude emotions and focus on
rationality.

Rachel

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.