going elsewhere

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@ped.gu.se)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 06:26:06 PST

Oh, by the way,

speaking about going elsewhere,
hearing about xmca participants yearning for more discussion of applied
issues of the school and the workplace,
reading about affinity groups in the Garrison & Kimball paper (one of
Mary's recommendations)

I have just been working on the olden days of the Xlists, when there was a
number of different sub-channels. The idea -- AND its realization -- was
not bad at all (although crosspostings and other forms of overflow could be
a little confusing). But it DID make space for more conversations in
parallel (at a slightly lower pace I'd say, intuitively, which is also a
good thing. The slower pace, I mean.) The reason that it was abandoned was:
reduced (to zero?) funding for list maintenance at LCHC.

Once upon a time I heard rumours about better opportunities for listserver
maintenance at the University of Helsinki. What happened with THAT?

Eva