making artifacts

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 09:38:48 PST

Gordon wrote, in part:
 That is _exactly_ what we call it and, in my
recent book, 'Dialogic Inquiry,' I have explained the rationale for this
approach, which I see as an attempt to realize understandings based on
CHAT, Dewey and the social semiotics of Halliday in the current
sociopolitical context of public education.

Later he proposes that this is what people or doing, or some people
are doing, in this discussion group. Sounds pretty good to me,
Gordon. The difficulty is, of course, that object is so confoundedly
obscure in the fog of the future.
mike