Re: Positronic teaching

From: Gary Shank (shank@duq.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 03:13:39 PST

>Glad to hear about other Asimov buffs. But I thought that
>the definition of 'utopia' from the greek is 'no such place.'
>Esteban Diaz

but dont we all teach to some hopefully benign version of utopia? whether
it is local or global, or even realizable? and so what if it is not
actually possible -- isnt trying to get close important?

and what would you think of a teacher who says that he/she is only
concerned with making his/her students happy? or even worse, that all
he/she wants is to be able to fill the day with legitimate teaching
activities, and who cares if they have any effect or impact?

gary