Re: lA contribution to a discussion of practice/process

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 06:52:22 PST

Judy, et al.,

I received the following from one of the member on the Bourdieu list.

"The program is now at a stage where you can import documents in various
formats. I've already put most of the Bourdieu archives in a database --
roughly 1700 messages dating from 1995 -- and it's easy to sort them, create
new indexes, select records on the basis of Boolean operators (e.g. "DILLON
AND REDMOND), and do a number of other things databases support. It doesn't
at the moment have reporting facility -- but on the other hand you can quite
easily get basic statistics on the list."

He's sending me the stuff and if it's fairly quick I'll do a quick analysis
on the questions you asked and should have the answers when I get back from
a 2 day trip.

Paul H. Dillon