half baked

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 17:05:10 PST

Hi Phillip. Your re-membering of half baked help me a lot to think about
current tensions. Right. From the beginning, half baked and make of them
the very best that you can.... but not right now because we are late
getting home.

This touches on the theme of dialectics for me. I am largely ignorant of
the technical scholarship on this issue (blush) but what has always
struck (always since experiencing life in the USSR in 1962-63) that
the difficulty is in knowing what is an opposite. I live in a (minimally)
trinary world. I deeply suspect opposites -- could the medium really
be transparent? Or is the transparency an illustion, a fossilized habit
of thought, that blinds me to the variation in that opposite?

I am 150 messages out of date and dottering.
mike