Re: technology and XMCA

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 01:07:11 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>the
>possiblity of creating some social intelligence martin.
Our current plans for introducing new technology to the European VET
Research community are planned for this year.

We have at least one grant aplication in to take the technology into
another CoP (the careers guidence business), and there is another
programmatic call from the UK ES Research Council on "Knowledge Creation"
(their title) later this year.

A well established community like XMCA needs robust tools, although as a
critical sudience the input to the development of new tools for CoPs would
clearly be to the advantage of the tool development process.

In a development process it is unwise to throw out a working model in
favour of something untried. However I am sure that at some point in the
next 18 months, the possibility of running some tests based on a monthly
reading discussion would be of interest to both developers and the XMCA
community.

Martin O