Substitute Teaching

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 13:32:58 PST

Rachel-- First, I think you are in for a difficult task. My expert
informant on this is Doug Williams, an ex-sub now working outside
of education who is on XMCA. Doug might want to summarize his
reflections.

And, but coincidence, unhelpfully, I saw a film last night on
TV called "The Substitute" which was sort of like Death Wish II.

The lack of continuity involved appears to set up insupperable problems,
but maybe there are some folks who have worked out continuity-creating
strategies.

I would be really interested in what xmca-er's experience is.
mike