RE: me too Bukharin or no

From: Nate Schmolze (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 09:13:35 PST

Eugene,

The words say more than they intended, so an apology is justified. I did not
mean to imply that your comments about "forced" schooling was a lack of
political consciousness. They were two distinct statements.

My comment on forced schooling was that it ocurred from a variety of
political struggles and by referring to it as forced schooling negates the
political struggles that were involved.

Nate

"My point being there is something more to history than cultural
insensitivity. Maybe its not history so much as having a political
consciousness. We now call those who advocate a free, public education as
proponents of "forced" schooling. We probally need history more now than
ever before but silly me I keep forgetting that history is dead."