Re: lurkers, selfpresentations

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@ped.gu.se)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 01:03:03 PST

Hi Elisa, Maria and others to follow!

Welcome to this somewhat idiosyncratic network. I suspect your difficulties
are more due to the fact that this never-ending conversation has been
running for so long that we sometimes forget that new arrivals haven't
heard all that went before, than to your mastery of Internet English.

In the olden days when Mike had more writing time to spend on the list he
used to allot a great deal of it to telling the community to feel free to
ask questions, naive or not, to share newborn ideas on research and theory
for feedback, and on eliciting contributions=messages from as many
participants as possible. He has also always been one of the most honest
Profs about showing his own spots of ignorance that I know (and now I can
see Mike blushing over there on the other side of the world).

So, Elisa, it is also not too late to come back to your questions about
Bakhtin and Vygotsky. Just let us hope that enough of the participants who
have also been exploring that connection have writing time available within
the next few days when you do: it is a "fact of life" on a mailinglist with
as much traffic as the XMCA that after half a week or so an electronic
"letter" will have become covered by all the virtual scraps of paper
arriving after it. And sometimes time just isn't there for us.

regards
Eva